Ethnographic Park Romulus Vuia
Theme park plan was developed in 1929 by Professor Romulus Vuia, from the need to make an ethnographic museum, in which exposure and the outdoor pavilion to complement each other. The museum was conceived as an economic unit in which households were to be inhabited, actually, by family representative areas of origin.
In the period 1929-1940 have been transferred to these buildings Ethnographic Park: Home of the otter (1929), a sheepfold in Poiana Sibiu with shepherd and sheep 75 (1930), Troita of Lupsa (1931), household of Telciu (1932) - Sura donation, and Hungarian inhabitants of Telciu of Stan (1936). In parallel, the formalities were undertaken to transfer the following goals: Terme of Leheceni Moses House potter (Bihar) No household. 397 of Glade Sibiu Arieseni households (Apuseni Mountains), Cave (Bran), Wooden Church Fildu Upper (1727), donated in 1924 by village and the community of Negrilesti.
After the Vienna Diktat (30 August 1940), Ethnographic Museum and National Park refuge in Sibiu, which runs until 1945 when in July the same year, personnel and assets back to Cluj. Of all buildings existing before the war in Ethnographic Park, only home to otter survived, all others are destroyed during the war.
In 1956, Theodore and Valeria Onisor hindquarters restructured theme park plan, establishing four thematic areas, adopting the same time as the outdoor part of the Ethnographic Museum of Transylvania.
Along with this restructuring were established scientific criteria, based on which buildings were to be transferred Park Ethnographic, Ethnographic and zoning of Transylvania.
Banffy Palace was built between 1744-1785, have a late Baroque and Rococo, was designed by architect Johann Blaumann Sibiu.
The building is the former residence of the governor of Transylvania György Banffy today for Cluj is the Museum of Art.
Facades are richly decorated with statues pillars, cornices of great artistic refinement, the court of honor is a sumptuous decoration, aristocracy and luxury interiors are constructed of marble, stucco, parquet Finally, mirrors and chandeliers.
Palace floor space is for the National Gallery. In 1990, the National Gallery was closed for reorganization imposed so advanced state of degradation of the building and need constant exposure to organize according to new research and ahizitionate or donated parts lately.
Through a careful restoration, large exhibition space at the palace floor Banffy regained a configuration very close to that original, while being perfectly suited to the function of art museum.
Selected were 325 pieces of painting and sculpture which were prepared an exhibition held (restoration, preservation frames, mats) suitable special artistic value.
New paging the National Gallery, reopened to the public in January 1996, proposes a synthesis of four centuries of Romanian art with an emphasis on natural artistic phenomenon in Transylvania: Altar of Jimbor (XVI century), painting BIedermiir art style 1900, avant-garde artists linked to the Superior School of Fine Arts and Art Center Cluj: Alexander Popp, Szolnay Sandor, Pericles Capidan, quotient Bogdan, Aurel Ciupe, Rum Ladea, Peter Abrudan, Tasso Marchin Alexander Mohy, Jeno Szervatius Theodor Harsha , Kovaks Zoltan Nagy Albert Anthony Lazarus, Virgil fulica, Dinu Constantin Ilea, Ioan Sima, Egon Mark Lovith.
Zoological Museum of the Babes-Bolyai University
Zoological Museum is housed on the ground floor where is the Faculty of Biology. Plan which was built after the building is the same as the Institute of Zoology of Naples and was built around 1912.
Number of rooms that the museum has is 10, but only seven of them are for the visitors. Established in 1859 as a part of the Transylvanian Museum, the museum has gradually increased dowry, now counting more than 200,000 pieces.
The museum was founded in 1988. Here are exposed to contemporary art objects, collections organized or disparate parts, all results of acts of donation.
Statue of Matthias Corvinus
Matthias Corvinus, a Clujana who became king of Hungary and reigned between 1458-1490. Being a king and therefore as very loved by his subjects, after his death gave birth to a slogan: "the king died, died justice.
Locals wanted to erect a statue in his memory, have donated money and sculptor Janos Fadrusz the statue, which was unveiled in 1902.
The value of the statue and the jury was recognized global exhibition in Paris in 1900, the place where I won sculptor
Statuary monument has in the center Corvinus on a pedestal and are a step below his generals: Balazs Magyar, Pal Kinizsi, and Bathori Zápolya Istvan Istvan.
Orthodox Church on the Hill
Shrine called Holy Trinity Church on the Hill was built between 1795-1796 with the support of Roman merchants in Brasov. Contributed to its construction and Macedonian Greek merchants from Cluj, Brasov and Romanian merchants.
Heritage Church includes manuscripts and religious books, icons and religious objects, prints of great value - one of them is "Liturgy" printed in 1797 in Bucharest.
During the years 1919-1932 the church was the Episcopal Cathedral of Vad and Feleac reestablished.
St. Michael Church
Church was built on the site of St. James Chapel between 1350-1487 and is one of the most valuable monuments of Gothic architecture in Transylvania. The altar was made around anului1390 and the tower was built in 1860. Wall paintings were executed in the fifteenth century and the stained glass and sculptures are preserved.
Emil Isac Memorial Museum
A year after the poet's death in 1955, he founded the museum. Located on the street that bears his name, the museum works in the house inhabited by Isaac family since 1895.
The museum includes three rooms. On the first exposed documents on the life and work of the poet, the latter being dedicated to his father, Dr. Aurel Isaac, a lawyer in this process is the poet's room, exactly preserved.
In this room is an impressive library containing about 1,700 volumes in various languages, many of them wearing dedications authors.
At first this place was the first church of Cluj, which was built in the late eleventh century century. XII, and destroyed during the Tatar invasion. XIII century Dominicans probably still here have built a new vaulted church, which with time became too small.
Thus between 1428-1529 with the support of Hunyadi, Matthias Corvinus, and others, has started realizing the strong architectonic complex: a Gothic church and monastery with a courtyard.
This complex over time had several owners. In 1600 came the Reformation, the Jesuits from her, which gave burned ruins of the Franciscan church. They have rebuilt during 1728-1745 it. Ensemble is one of the oldest buildings of Cluj. Has a heritage that includes various religious objects, icons, a number of old manuscripts and a library.
Here to stop working, and a famous school, where he learned the Mirabilibus Nicholas, later became a professor at the University of Florence.
Jewish Community Memorial Temple
Cluj preceding the Second World War there was a large community with 5 evreasca over 10 churches and prayer houses.
Deportees Memorial Temple was built according to project architect Hegner Izidor.
Inaugurated in 1887, the building was devastated by the Guard in September 13, 1927. When the State contributed to its repair.
In 1944, after the deportation of Jews to Nazi camps, explosions resulting from synagogue suffered serious damage.
It was restored in 1951, the Jewish community in Romania. Today is the only synagogue in Cluj, which works.
Manastur neighborhood was a powerful Benedictine abbey, the Clus Monasterium Beatae Mariae, the defensive wall built in the century. IX. The present church is only a modest part of the former abbey, unfortunately can not be reconstructed in its original configuration.
Benedectini monks were established inside the fortress in 1077-1095). At Tatar invasion in Cluj (1241) and the monastery was sacked and burned. King Béla IV rebuilt it in 1263. Because of the warrior attitude Abbey decided to demolish the walls of Matthias Corvinus.
In 1579 came the Jesuit church. In 1787, Bishop Alexander Rudna decided to demolish the church and surrounding buildings, only surviving altar, which was converted into a chapel and statue of the most pure Virgin Mary with Child Jesus in her arms, which is on a pedestal under a canopy Gothic above the entrance door.
In 1896 the Roman Catholic church built a new ship, and in 1923 rented a Greek Catholic church.
After expiration was written in 1948, then came to the Orthodox church, and only in 1994, after building a new church came back to orthodox Roman Catholic church. The church has an organ built in 1792 by master Samuel Maetz Biertan for evangelical churches of Saxon Daia, where decrease after the community was moved to Calvary Church.
Church can be reached by the southeast corner of the hill of Calvary, including the two artificial hills. Is one-Calvary Chapel (built in 1831) and the other a bell tower designed by Károly Kós 1922. Asphalt driveway leads to the church.
South of the church building are the tombs of the XIXth century and northwest can forificatiei can see the ruins.
Botanical Garden of Babes Bolyai University of Cluj was founded in 1920 by Professor Alexander Boza. They prevail in organizing the scientific concept for the classification of plants and phytogeographic combined with artistic refinement I print a note very special charm and picturesque.
The garden occupies an area of 14 ha and a varied terrain, which is suitable to successfully cultivate highly diverse collections of plants, from all over the globe, collections totaling approximately 10,000 taxa. The space is divided into several sectors: ornamental, phytogeographic, systematic, economic and medical, each with specifics.
One suggestion is planning a Romanian Garden, dominated by the statue of the goddess Ceres and the various archaeological items discovered in the Roman city of Napoca, populated with crop plants, vegetables and flowers that grew in Roman gardens, planted today in peasant gardens in November.
Inside the botanical garden is situated Institute of botany team represented by the Faculty of Biology and Geology. Here is the 6900 Botanical Museum and Herbarium colored pieces University Herbarium which houses 635,000 sheets with plants from all from all over the world.
Some of the highlights:
Ornamental sector, there are dozens of species grown hundreds of varieties of herbaceous and woody plants that delight the eye of visitors from snowmelt until the first frosts of autumn
Asian-Japanese garden flora stretches around lovely Japanese Gardens, designed in traditional style intermediate-no-gyo NIWA, with many specific landscape architectural elements.
The complex consists of six greenhouses, greenhouses where plants are grown Equatorial tropical and subtropical, such as lily of the famous Amazons, impozantii palms, Australian and Mediterranean plants, succulent plants, orchids and tropical ferns.
Systematic sector-one of the most important sectors of the Botanical Garden, is a living book of botany, in which species are grouped into families, and these into orders and classes, arranged in phylogenetic order.
Was recently established (2003), this is the only museum of its kind in Europe. Here are some different kinds of rocks that preserve impressions of extinct animals thousands of years ago, as well as objects and tools used by the famous biologist Emil Racovita, professor at the famous Sorbonne university in Paris, in research and expolatare (microscope, cameras, etc.).
Is another monument of Cluj brand built in the fifteenth century. Here was born in 1443 Matthias Corvinus. After the successive renovations, the building has been restored its original shape.
The cathedral was built between 1921-1933 and Romanian Byzantine style. The building is embellished with carved stone reliefs rich, full of fantasy, geometric and floral.
Dome was modeled after St. Sophia Cathedral. Cathedral Square was refurbished in 1993, when the statue was erected and Avram Iancu.
Cathedral has a vast collection of ancient art collection, manuscripts, books, old prints and documents on past religious history of the Romanian people.
Saint Michael Roman Catholic Church
Saint Michael Roman Catholic Church is one of the most valuable architectural monuments built in Gothic style in Cluj-Napoca. The building was erected in the central square (the present Market Square) and is among the city's iconic sights on Somes.
Along the Black Church of Brasov and Sibiu Lutheran Cathedral, St. Michael Church in Cluj is considered to be one of the most imposing Gothic buildings in Romania, with 70 meters length and a maximum height of almost 80 meters.
The edifice is an oblong church altar, cross vaults and guarded by ogives side altars. Vault, stained glass and sculptures are remarkable for a surprising grandeur that time, found mostly in Western cathedrals.
Above the entrance gate there is a coat of arms representing the St. Michael, as he arms them located in the Holy Roman Empire, the Hungarian Kingdom and the Kingdom of Bohemia. Their existence is explained by the fact that Sigismund (1387-1437) under whose reign ended building apparently was Roman emperor and, at the same time, King of Hungary and Bohemia.
Usei frame vestry, Renaissance sculpture in stone, dating from 1528, being commissioned at that time the parish church, Johannes Klein, and conducted by a German craftsman. Gothic altar, the work of master carpenter Lajos Back, won the World Exhibition in 1873. The center altar is carved Virgin Mary, with St. Stephen and St. Ladislaus.
Most of the fourteenth and fifteenth century frescoes have not survived the passage of time and human intervention. Most of them were damaged during the various religious reforms to match new ideas. The church was decorated with numerous statues and reliefs, which have very little left but the vast majority of them destroyed.
Various restorations of the church showed several murals done in the first half of the fifteenth century. The latest restoration of the cathedral took place between 1957-1960, when they were brought back to life some of the paintings fourteenth and fifteenth centuries.
Tailors' Bastion is one of the few monuments that were part of the Old City of Cluj and which was kept intact until today.
Each bastion (tower) of the medieval wall of defense has been funded by another guild (tailors, shoemakers, carpenters, Sapunari, Rotari, pottery, bricklayers, belt makers, etc.).
Bastion is the Southeast corner of the medieval fortress high since the fifteenth century (1475 is already noted). Between 1627-1629, during prince Gabriel Bethlen, the bastion was rebuilt, reaching its present form. It is built of massive stone walls still in folding places of drawing. North, stuck by him, are still intact piece of stone wall with battlements and go watch the wall.
It was named after the guild tailors Cluj who had the obligation to maintain and guard the city at that point, the only bastion of the old fortress which was kept full.
After the Battle of Miraslau, Baba Novac priest Saskia were caught, tortured and executed in the Transylvanian city of Cluj by the nobles. Near bastion was exposed in 1601, his body impalement Baba Novac, General Michael the Brave.
Aquarium UASVM was conducted in 2003 in the Universities of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine Cluj-Napoca.
It is divided in two compartments: one consisting of 13 exotic species for aquariums ranging in size from 200 to 300 liters and an area for native species consists of a basin with a volume of over 20 000 liters.